Showing 421-438 of 438
Publisher: Circa [1890s].: [1890s].
Seller ID: 36994
- Part of the address side of a hotel envelope, 3-1/2 inches high by 4-7/8 inches wide with a partial image of the hotel on the left, is signed in pencil with both Wiggin's married name & her professional name: "Mrs. George Riggs / (Kate Douglas Wiggin)". The envelope is lightly soiled with its top edge slightly roughed There are 3 pieces of tape adhering to the verso where the envelope was removed from an album. Good. Wiggin married George Riggs, a New York b... View more info
By: Willard, J. H
Publisher: Philadelphia, PA: Henry Altemus Company, (1905).: (1905).
Seller ID: 1538
Condition: Very good
Philadelphia, PA: Henry Altemus Company, (1905).. (1905).. Very good. - (Altemus Children of the Bible Series, No. 8). Small octavo, pictorial white cloth titled in gilt with profuse decorations in gilt & with illustration stamped in color on front cover, in gray dw. The covers are lightly bumped. The dw is chipped & somewhat darkened with a piece out of the head of the spine. 42 pp. & 2-page publisher's catalogue. Color frontispiece, 8 B&W plates & 2 B&W textual illustr... View more info
Publisher: NY: The Pierpont Morgan Library, 1955.: 1955.
Seller ID: 5891
Condition: Very good
NY: The Pierpont Morgan Library, 1955.. 1955.. Very good. - Octavo, printed wraps. Lightly creased & soiled. 19 pp. Very good. First edition. First Edition. View more info
By: Woodland, Miss.
Publisher: New-York: W. E. Gilley, 1827.: 1827.
Seller ID: 33970
New-York: W. E. Gilley, 1827.. 1827.. Fair. - Small octavo [5-1/2 inches high by 3-3 /4 inches wide] marbled blue boards backed with red cloth & titled in gilt on the spine. The binding is bumped & heavily rubbed with the head & tail of the spine chipped. 108 pages. Illustrated with a frontispiece. The pages are darkened & rippled. The pastedowns are heavily foxed with scattered foxing throughout. There is the remnant of a book label on the front pastedown & the frontisp... View more info
By: Wright, Dare.
Publisher: New York: Random House, .: .
Seller ID: 34355
Condition: Very good
New York: Random House, .. .. Very good. - Quarto [12-5/8 inches high by 8-3/8 inches wide], pictorial black, white & red boards in a price-clipped matching dust wrapper. The corners of the covers and the head & tail of the spine are rubbed with a chip to the tail. The dust jacket is rubbed with some light creasing. The head & tail of the jacket spine are chipped & there is a tear to the head. Unpaginated. Profuse black-and-white photographic illustrations. ... View more info
Publisher: London: The Alexander Publishing Co., circa 1885.: 1885.
Seller ID: 22096
Condition: Very good
London: The Alexander Publishing Co., circa 1885.. 1885.. Very good. - Small quarto [approximately 10-5/8 inches high by 8-5/8 inches wide], softcover bound in pictorial color wraps. The spine & extremities are lightly rubbed with short tears to the head & tail of the spine. The edges of the wraps are slightly darkened.  pages, including inside wraps. The verses of the text are incorporated into full-page illustrations, of which 4 are in full color. Very good. A ... View more info
Publisher: London: Edward Arnold, 1899.: 1899.
Seller ID: 4316
London: Edward Arnold, 1899.. 1899.. Good. - Square octavo, cream pictorial boards backed with cream cloth titled in black on the front board with an illustration in yellow, green, white & black. The binding is bumped & soiled with the spine darkened. 63 pages plus 1-page publisher's catalog. There is an owner's ink name on the front endpaper. There is offsetting to the endpapers, half-title & catalog page. Illustrated throughout in black & white by Basil Blackwood. Good... View more info
Publisher: Northampton, [Mass.]: E. Turner, [between 1828 and 1845?].: [between 1828 and 1845?].
Seller ID: 16450
Condition: Very good
Northampton, [Mass.]: E. Turner, [between 1828 and 1845?].. [between 1828 and 1845?].. Very good. - 12mo, 4-3/4 inches high by 3 inches wide. Softcover, bound in printed self-wraps with a vignette on the front cover.  pages, including an alphabet, and pages 6 through 18. Illustrated with 4 full-page illustrations and a tail-piece vignette. Three of the illustrations are partially hand-colored by a previous owner, with more or less success. Dampstained throughout, the ... View more info
Publisher: New Haven, [CT]: S. Babcock, 1850.: 1850.
Seller ID: 34180
- Miniature chapbook [approximately 4-3/4 inches high by 3-1/4 inches wide], softcover bound in pictorial yellow wrappers sewn with black thread with a border of 10 vignettes on each cover, a vignette of a rose below the title on the front cover & an ad for Babcock's Toy Books on the rear cover. The binding is lightly stained. The corners of the front cover are creased.There are pieces out of the bottom corners of the rear cover with tears along the lower end of the spin... View more info
Publisher: Boston, MA: Lee and Shepard, circa .: .
Seller ID: 23614
- 12mo [5 inches high by 4 inches wide] red cloth titled in red within gilt bands on the spine with decorations in blind on both covers. The binding is bumped & heavily rubbed. The titling & gilt decorations are faded & the head & tail of the spine are rubbed. 72 pages. The front endpaper is lacking & there is scattered foxing & staining. Black-and-white pictorial title. Good only. View more info
Publisher: New-York: Mahlon Day, 374 Pearl Street, 1837.: 1837.
Seller ID: 34151
New-York: Mahlon Day, 374 Pearl Street, 1837.. 1837.. Fair. - 16mo [5-1/2 inches high by 3-5/8 inches wide], softcover bound in printed green wrappers with the frontispiece & the last text page pasted to the wraps, as published. The front cover copy is printed within a triple decorative frame & there is a catalog of the publisher's school books on the rear cover. The binding is bumped & chipped with short tears & small pieces out. The bottom two inches of the wraps are d... View more info
By: [Hardy, E. S.].
Publisher: London/NY: Ernest Nister/E. P. Dutton & Co., circa 1895.: 1895.
Seller ID: 34613
- Quarto, red cloth backed color pictorial paper covered boards titled in red with an oval color illustration of little girl holding a tall umbrella and a kitten on front board. The covers are bumped & rubbed with wear to the edges and corners. The rear cover is soiled with a light stain.  pages printed on heavy stock, illustrated with 9 full-page & 7 three-quarter page color illustrations, and 47 black & white vignettes, including the title & half-title vignettes. S... View more info
Publisher: New York: Harper & Brothers, (1835).: (1835).
Seller ID: 14557
Condition: Very good
New York: Harper & Brothers, (1835).. (1835).. Very good. - Small octavo, brown cloth. The spines are perished and thus lacking and the cloth is worn at the corners. 204 pages; and 196 pages respectively, illustrated with extra engraved pictorial title pages, 2 engraved frontispieces, and 5 plates. The hinges are cracked and there are glue stains to the pastedowns and damage to the endpapers of volume 2. Though a few signatures are slightly pulled and there is some sligh... View more info
By: [Mahlon Day].
Publisher: New York: Printed and sold by Mahlon Day, At the New Juvenile Book-store, No. 376, Pearl-street, [between 1825 to 1833]. Circa,: .
Seller ID: 34118
New York: Printed and sold by Mahlon Day, At the New Juvenile Book-store, No. 376, Pearl-street, [between 1825 to 1833]. Circa, ., .. Fair. - Miniature chapbook measuring 3 inches high by 2 inches wide. Softcover, bound in printed buff wrappers titled with a vignette in black on the front cover and an illustration of a young man falling from a tree on the verso. The covers are soiled and creased and the torn spine has been reinforced with old tape. 8 pages,... View more info
Publisher: 1862.: 1862.
Seller ID: 31467
1862.. 1862.. Fair. - sc - Seventeen original graphite pencil drawings executed on two 14-1/4 inch high by 10-1/4 inch wide sheets of buff art paper. Each well-executed drawing is a finished illustration within pencil drawn frames laid out on the sheets as if they were cards. One of the drawings is initialed "N.A.W." and dated "1862". On one sheet, a central drawing appears to be a version of "Struwwelpeter" with a large demonic head on a thinner ... View more info
Publisher: Philadelphia: American Sunday-School Union, circa .: .
Seller ID: 25760
- Small octavo [6-1/8 inches high by 4 inches wide], brown cloth. The binding is rubbed & lightly bumped with some very light staining to the rear cover. 61 pages. Illustrated with a black-and-white frontispiece & title vignette. The front endpaper is lacking. There is a faded gift inscription on the verso of the frontispiece and some offsetting from an owner's stamp on the front pastedown. The pastedowns & rear endpaper are darkened with some light scribbling on the en... View more info
Publisher: New-York: Leavitt & Allen, 1854.: 1854.
Seller ID: 33810
- 12mo, 5-3/4 inches high by 4-1/2 inches wide. Softcover, bound in stitched pale yellow wrappers titled with a vignette illustration adorning the front cover and a full-page woodcut illustrating the "Death of Nelson" on the rear cover. The covers are darkened and stained and the corners worn. There is a tiny chip out from the front edge of the rear cover. The chipped and worn spine was roughly re-stitched at an earlier time. 64 pages, with pages 15 and 16 being ... View more info
Publisher: London/NY: Frederick Warne and Co./Scribner, Welford, and Co., [circa 1865-1880].: [circa 1865-1880].
Seller ID: 20942
London/NY: Frederick Warne and Co./Scribner, Welford, and Co., [circa 1865-1880].. [circa 1865-1880].. Good. - Quarto, red cloth titled in red with profuse decorations in gilt on spine & in red within gilt panels with decorations stamped in gilt within decorative gilt frame on front cover & with decorative frames in blind on both covers. The binding is lightly rubbed. The covers are bumped with a few small black stains to each cover. Unnumbered text pages interleaved wit... View more info