showing 1-20 of 21
Publisher: Saint Paul, M N: Llewellyn Publications, 1970.: 1970.
Seller ID: 17569
Saint Paul, M N: Llewellyn Publications, 1970.. 1970.. Good. - Octavo, softcover bound in printed cream wrappers. The binding is lightly foxed with staining to the rear wrap. The spine & extremities are somewhat darkened. xvii, [ii] & pages 9-157. There is an owner's address label together with a small sticker on the half-title, affecting 2 words of the titling. There are 2 small stains to the fore-edge with tiny stains to the front edges of the rear blanks & of a few re... View more info
Publisher: New York: Alfred A. Knopf, (1924).: (1924).
Seller ID: 33683
New York: Alfred A. Knopf, (1924).. (1924).. Good. - Octavo, decorative blue & cream boards backed with navy blue cloth. The boards are bumped with the paper chipped at the corners. The spine is somewhat darkened. 135 pages plus colophon. Illustrated with 12 black-and- white plates, including a frontispiece, from wood engravings by Wilfred Jones. Good. Number 1758 of an edition limited to 2,000 numbered copies printed by Pynson Printers. Haji Abdu is purportedly th... View more info
By: Adair, Virginia
Publisher: (Fowey, Cornwall, U.K.: Alexander Associates, 1998).: 1998).
Seller ID: 23049
(Fowey, Cornwall, U.K.: Alexander Associates, 1998).. 1998).. Very good. INSCRIBED & SIGNED BY VIRGINIA ADAIR - Octavo, softcover bound in pictorial wrappers. There is a price-sticker on the rear wrapper. 239 pages. 8 pages of black-and-white illustrations. Near fine. Prepublication edition.Inscribed by the author on the title page: "To .... -- who has the gift of healing -- / With love and all good wishes / Virginia Adair".A study of women with healing,... View more info
Publisher: London: George Allen & Unwin, Ltd., (1923).: (1923).
Seller ID: 36982
- Octavo, grayish tan cloth titled in black on the front cover & the spine. The head and tail of the spine are bumped and there is a tiny stain to the rear cover. vi, [ii], 309 &  pages, illustrated with a frontispiece and 3 plates, including one depicting the author with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. The frontispiece is detached, but present, with a tiny tear to it's front edge and the half title is starting. A previous owner's name has been cut out from the front endpaper... View more info
Publisher: Editions du Seuil, (1959).: (1959).
Seller ID: 32266
Editions du Seuil, (1959).. (1959).. Good. - Octavo, softcover bound in pictorial wrappers. The binding is lightly bumped with some light soiling & foxing and with a light glue mark to the rear wrap. 192 pages. Black-and-white illustrations. The bottom page corners are slightly bumped. There is light foxing to the bottom edge of the book. Good. A title in the series "Collections Microcosme: Le Temps Qui Court". The text is in French. View more info
Publisher: New York: Thomas Y. Crowell Company, (1970).: (1970).
Seller ID: 7137
New York: Thomas Y. Crowell Company, (1970).. (1970).. Very good. - Octavo, cloth, in dw. Lightly rubbed & dusty; dw rubbed & chipped with short tears. x & 268 pp. B&W illustrations. Very good. Second printing. Dust jacket present. View more info
Publisher: Edinburgh, Scotland: March 4 & 6 and April 13, 1883.: 1883.
Seller ID: 35903
- Each letter is penned in black ink and fills all 4 sides of his cream letterhead, which is folded once to form 4 sides, each 7 inches high by 4-1/2 inches wide, with Forlong's Edinburgh address printed at the top of the first side. The letters are signed "J. Forlong". Folded twice for mailing. Very good. James George Roche Forlong (1824-1904) was a Major General of the Indian Army. Trained as an engineer in Scotland and England, he joined the Indian Army in ... View more info
Publisher: New York: Alfred A Knopf, 1976.: 1976.
Seller ID: 22560
New York: Alfred A Knopf, 1976.. 1976.. Very good. - Quarto, gray paper covered boards backed with light tan cloth & titled in gilt on the spine with a vignette stamped in gilt on the front board, in a dust wrapper. The boards are somewhat warped & the cloth is lightly soiled. The dust jacket is lightly soiled with some short tears to the top & bottom edges. [x], 145 &  pages plus colophon. Illustrated throughout with drawings in light tan & gray by Frederick Franck. ... View more info
Publisher: Huntington Beach, CA: Mimeographed by Charles R. Furr, circa [1930s].: [1930s].
Seller ID: 35757
- Quarto [10-3/4 inches high by 8-1/4 inches wide] tan wrappers backed with brown cloth tape with the author's Radiant Health logo on the front cover. There is a tiny stain to the front cover & the edges of the cover are slightly darkened. 25 pages mimeographed on one side only. Very good. Marie Phoebe Holmes was an American teacher of dietetics and scientific breathing, a noted world lecturer and metaphysician, and president of the International Radiant Health Club. ... View more info
Publisher: Los Angeles, CA: Published by the author, (1935).: (1935).
Seller ID: 14388
Los Angeles, CA: Published by the author, (1935).. (1935).. Good. - Small octavo, softcover bound in pictorial orange & black wraps. The binding is soiled, stained & chipped. The wraps are lightly bumped & the front wrap is coming unglued from the spine. There is a piece out of the tail of the spine. 112 pages. 6 black-and-white illustrations. The bottom corner of the title is creased. Good. First edition.A treatise relating the Great Pyramid of Cheops, also known ... View more info
Publisher: New York: The Macmillan Company, 1961.: 1961.
Seller ID: 36376
- Octavo, black cloth in a dust wrapper. The binding is rubbed with light spotting to the covers. The dust jacket is rubbed & chipped with tears & small pieces out. There is light soiling to its rear panel & foxing to its flaps. 296 pages. There is some blue & red underlining in the text with a few marginal notes. There is offsetting to the pastedoowns & endpapers from the dust wrapper with some minor foxing. Good reading copy. First printing. Dust jacket present. First ... View more info
Publisher: New York: Thomas Y. Crowell & Co., (1909).: (1909).
Seller ID: 34402
New York: Thomas Y. Crowell & Co., (1909).. (1909).. Good. - Small quarto, 9-1/4 inches high by 8-7/8 inches wide. Bound in light brown limp suede leather, titled in gilt on the front cover and the spine with the title within a decorative gilt frame on the front cover. A running black ruled frame further decorates the covers. The top edge is gilt and the endpapers are marbled. The suede is rubbed and soiled and the overlapping yapp edges of the covers are chipped with sm... View more info
By: Patton, Kelly
Publisher: Newcastle, ME: Dyer River Books, (2002).: (2002).
Seller ID: 28190
Newcastle, ME: Dyer River Books, (2002).. (2002).. Very good. INSCRIBED AND SIGNED BY KELLY PATTON - Small quarto [10 inches high by 7 inches wide], softcover bound in pictorial wrappers. The binding is very lightly bumped. [vii], iii, 67 &  pages. Illustrated in color by the author. There is a paper-clip mark on the front endpaper, else near fine. First edition, first printing, limited to 500 copies, of which this is number 93.The foreword is by Budd Schulberg.... View more info
By: Read, John.
Publisher: London: Thomas Nelson and Sons Ltd, (1947).: (1947).
Seller ID: 35583
- Octavo, black cloth with a gilt-lettered leather label on the spine in a dust wrapper. The top edge is gilt. There is a light coffee ring with a tiny white mark to the front cover. The dust jacket is lightly chipped & creased with a piece out of the bottom corner of its front panel. The rear panel is lightly soiled. xii & 100 pages. Illustrated in black & white with 2 facsimile plates, 27 full-page illustrations, 6 textual illustrations, end-pieces & pictorial initials... View more info
Publisher: Dublin: Printed at the North Centre Private Press, 1892.: 1892.
Seller ID: 30706
Dublin: Printed at the North Centre Private Press, 1892.. 1892.. Fair. INCLUDES THE POEM "OM" BY THE POET GEORGE WILLIAM RUSSELL [AE] - Small quarto, 9-1/2 inches high by 7 inches wide. Softcover, bound in printed peach tan wraps. The periodical is disbound with the pages and covers detached and with chipping and pieces out from the edges of the darkened & fragile covers. 28 pages. The pages are toned. There is a tiny piece out from the top inner corner of the le... View more info
By: Shearer, Tony
Publisher: Albuquerque, NM: Sun Publishing Company, 1976.: 1976.
Seller ID: 17166
Albuquerque, NM: Sun Publishing Company, 1976.. 1976.. Very good. - Octavo, softcover bound in pictorial tan wrappers. 63 pages. Printed & illustrated in brown ink. The text block is partially detached from the wrappers, else very good. First edition, limited to 1,000 copies, with a foreword by Deborah Buttrey.Inscribed on the half-title and signed in full by the author.Laid in is a folded Sun Publishing Co. broadsheet about the Aztec calendar and the Echo Circ... View more info
By: Sprager, Hart
Publisher: Georgetown, MA: North Star Publications, (1995).: (1995).
Seller ID: 26945
Georgetown, MA: North Star Publications, (1995).. (1995).. Fine. WITH A TYPED LETTER SIGNED TO PETER MATTHIESSEN FROM HART SPRAGER - Octavo, softcover bound in pictorial wrappers. [xiv] & 297 pages. Near fine. First edition, first printing.From the library of Peter Matthiessen. Laid in is a typed letter from the author signed in full, expressing his disappointment at Matthiessen's negative reaction to the book. He sends Matthiessen a copy of the finished book in th... View more info
By: Steiner, Rudolf
Publisher: (London): Rudolf Steiner Publishing Co., 1952.: 1952.
Seller ID: 14996
(London): Rudolf Steiner Publishing Co., 1952.. 1952.. Fine. - Octavo, softcover bound in printed tan wraps. The wraps are lightly soiled & slightly darkened around the edges. 23 pages. Near fine. Second edition. View more info
Publisher: Calcutta: S. K. Lahiri & Co., 1909.: 1909.
Seller ID: 14374
Calcutta: S. K. Lahiri & Co., 1909.. 1909.. Very good. - Octavo, olive green cloth titled in gilt on the front cover & spine. The covers are bumped & lightly rubbed. xxiv & 195 pages. Illustrated with numerous black-and-white portrait plates. A few page corners are creased. Very good. The true first edition published five years before the English edition.From the library of Alice Corbin Henderson, with her signature on the front endpaper. Alice Corbin Henderson [18... View more info
Publisher: San Francisco, California, March 22, 1966.: 1966.
Seller ID: 33994
- A substantial letter typed single space on six 11 inch high by 8-1/2 inch wide sheets of creamy white paper with a few corrections penned in ink by Van Norstrand. In his letter, addressed to Saturday Evening Post editor William A. Emerson, Jr., Van Norstrand objects to an article critical of astrology which was published in the March 26, 1966 issue of the Post: "Will you kindly convey a couple of Bronx cheers to Mr. Richard Armstrong for his pretentious article ent... View more info