showing 261-280 of 293
By: Taylor, Herbert (1775-1839). British Army officer who served as Private Secretary to King George III, Queen Charlotte, and King William IV, and served as Aide de Camp to King George IV and also to Queen Victoria.
Publisher: February 6, 1829.: 1829.
Seller ID: 33089
- Quarto, 9-1/8 inches high by 7-1/4 inches wide. Two-and-a-half pages. Over 180 words penned on 3 sides of a folded sheet. Herbert Taylor thanks the recipient who is caring for his brother for his letter regarding his concerns. "I cannot sufficiently thank you for your friendly & considered attention in writing to me on the 30th Jany upon the subject of the accident which unfortunately happened to my dear Brother on the 27th....". He goes on to state "I than... View more info
Publisher: Delhi [India]: August, 1843.: 1843.
Seller ID: 33858
- Over 123 words penned on an 8-1/4 inch high by 5-1/2 inch wide sheet of light blue paper. Titled "Sonnet / On the Morning of the 1st of August, the Anniversary of Emancipation", a magnificent 14-line anti-slavery sonnet that concludes with the powerful statement "... It is decreed! not far remote the time, / When freedom's trump shall sound through / every clime!". Signed "Geo. Thompson". Mounted with glue from the top of the verso onto a strip ... View more info
Publisher: Circa .: .
Seller ID: 34791
Circa .. .. Very good. - A card, 2-5/8 inches high by 4-1/2 inches wide, signed in black ink "Edward Thornton, H. B. M's [Her British Majesty's] Minister". The card is slightly darkened around the edges. Very good. Sir Edward Thornton [1817-1906] was a prominent British diplomat who held posts in Latin America, Turkey, and Russia and served for fourteen years [1867-1881] as Minister to the United States. While Secretary to the Legation in Mexico Ci... View more info
Publisher: Danbury, Connecticut, January 19, 1971.: 1971.
Seller ID: 36880
- Over 75 words typed on John Toland's personal 10-1/2 inch high by 7-1/4 inch wide stationery. John Toland thanks Jean Dalrymple for sending him a clipping and comments that "Our daughter Tamiko, aged two plus, uses your pond for 'skating'." He mentions that "Whenever I pass your house and see the name 'Ginder', I think of the Battle of the Bulge. Sorry I never had the chance of talking with your husband." Appropriate, given that Toland authored the hist... View more info
By: Tomeh, G. J
Publisher: Beirut, Lebanon: The Institute for Palestine Studies, 1969.: 1969.
Seller ID: 12853
Beirut, Lebanon: The Institute for Palestine Studies, 1969.. 1969.. Very good. - Small quarto [8-7/8 inches high by 6-1/2 inches wide], softcover bound in printed white & green wraps. The edges of the wraps are foxed & somewhat darkened. 26 pages. Very good. Monograph Series No. 20, reprinted from a symposium, "The Middle East Crisis: Test of International Law", appearing in ""Law and Contemporary Problems", Winter 1968, published by Duke Universit... View more info
Publisher: Whitehall [London]: 25. Febry. 1729.: 25. Febry. 1729.
Seller ID: 33086
- 9 words penned in an unidentified hand on a slip of paper 3-1/4 inches high by 4-3/4 inches wide. Signed "Townshend". The paper is lightly stained & soiled. There are small pieces of paper adhering to the top corners where the paper has been removed from an album with a tiny chip out of the top left corner. Good. The document reads: "Whitehall 25. Febry. 1729 / I allow this Bill by his Majesty's special command". The words "Stockholm July 30th 17... View more info
Publisher: Roma: Associazione Amici di Villa Strohl-Fern, (1999).: (1999).
Seller ID: 33817
Roma: Associazione Amici di Villa Strohl-Fern, (1999).. (1999).. Very good. - Small quarto [approximately 8-1/4 inches high by 5-3/4 inches wide], softcover bound in printed white wrappers with a black-and-white portrait on the front cover. The binding is very lightly bumped and there is minor soiling to the rear wrap with a price sticker on the bottom corner. 103 pages plus colophon. Numerous photographic illustrations in brown & white; Very good. Antonello Trombado... View more info
Publisher: Berlin: May 18th, 1935.: 1935.
Seller ID: 34063
Berlin: May 18th, 1935.. 1935.. Very good. - 88 words typed on sheet of cream paper, 11-5/8 inches high by 8-1/4 inches wide, with her name & address typed at the top. Signed "Dr. M. Unger" with 2 ink corrections. Attached is a typed, single-spaced report on the 1934/35 Winterhilfswerk campaign filling a 2nd sheet of the same paper. The top corners of both sheets are creased with light creasing to their top & bottom edges. There is a paper-clip mark to the letter... View more info
By: Uxkull, Boris
Publisher: New York: The Macmillan Company, (1966).: (1966).
Seller ID: 27427
New York: The Macmillan Company, (1966).. (1966).. Good. - Octavo, cloth in a dust wrapper. The binding is bumped & lightly rubbed. The dust jacket is soiled & chipped with its spine & extremities darkened. 319 pages. Black-and-white portrait frontispiece & black-and-white illustrations, including 2 maps. Good. With historical notes, foreword and epilogue by Detlev von Uexkull. Translated by Joel Carmichael. Baron Boris Uxkull was a supply officer in the Russian Army ... View more info
Publisher: (Sarnico: Libreria Vaini, 1986).: 1986).
Seller ID: 10024
(Sarnico: Libreria Vaini, 1986).. 1986).. Very good. - Quarto [11-1/4 inches high by 8-1/2 inches wide], blue cloth titled in gilt on the front cover & spine, in a dust wrapper. The covers are bumped & the dust jacket is rubbed. 179 pages. Profusely illustrated in color and black & white. Very good. Signed by Adriano Vaini on the title.Number 635 of an unstated limited edition.The text is in Italian Dust jacket present. View more info
Publisher: London: Printed by A. Strahan for T. Cadell, jun. and W. Davies, 1801.: 1801.
Seller ID: 32997
- Octavo, self-wraps unbound and removed. 46 pages. There is a tiny chip out fromt he bottom edge of the title page, some occasional soiling throughout and some slight brown staining to the bottom corner of the last few leaves. Very good. First edition. A defense of English public [i.e. private] education against charges made by the Lord Bishop of Meath. Since the Lord Bishop of Meath had based his arguments on testimony made by Dr. Rennell, William Vincent attempts to d... View more info
By: Viola, Luciano
Publisher: Ivrea, Italy: Enrico Editore. (1981).: (1981).
Seller ID: 9922
Ivrea, Italy: Enrico Editore. (1981).. (1981).. Fine. - Quarto [11-3/4 inches high by 8-3/8 inches wide], brown cloth titled in gilt on the front cover & spine, in a dust wrapper. The covers are lightly bumped. The dust jacket is rubbed with a price-sticker on the tail of the spine & a small tear to the bottom of the front fold. 381 &  pages plus colophon. Black-and-white illustrations, architectural plans and maps. Near fine in a very good dust wrapper. First edit... View more info
By: Viola, Luciano
Publisher: Ivrea, Italy: Enrico Editore, (1981).: (1981).
Seller ID: 17495
Ivrea, Italy: Enrico Editore, (1981).. (1981).. Very good. - Quarto [approximately 11-3/4 inches high by 9-1/2 inches wide], brown cloth titled in gilt on the front cover & spine, in a dust wrapper. The covers are lightly bumped. The dust jacket is rubbed with some chipping to the top edge & there is a price-sticker on the jacket spine. 381 &  pages. Illustrated with black-and-white photographic illustrations, maps & plans. Very good. First edition. The text is in ... View more info
By: Vo Nguyen Giap.
Publisher: Ithaca, New York: Cornell University, May 1975.: 1975.
Seller ID: 36705
- Quarto, 10-7/8 inches high by 8-1/2 inches wide. Softcover, bound in printed red wrappers. vii, [i], 103 &  pages plus a 12 page catalog of Cornell University Southeast Asia Program publications. Illustrated with a full page map. The edges are very lightly foxed. Near fine. General Vo Nguyen Giap's account of the Vietnamese Revolution in the decade which preceded the battle of Dien Bien Phu. View more info
Publisher: New York: Rudd & Carleton / Leipzig: F.A. Brockhaus, 1860.: 1860.
Seller ID: 22330
New York: Rudd & Carleton / Leipzig: F.A. Brockhaus, 1860.. 1860.. Fair. - Octavo, brown cloth titled in gilt on the spine with decorations in blind on the covers. The Covers are rubbed and soiled with slight wear to the corners and edges and chipping to the head and tail of the spine. The cloth is split along the top of the joints. Though stained, new blue endpapers have replaced the originals. 407 pages plus an 8 page publisher's catalog, illustrated with a frontispiec... View more info
By: Walker, Admiral Sir Baldwin Wake (1802-1876). First Lieutenant of the bomb vessel Aetna at the attack on Morea Castle. He served in the Turkish navy under special permission and later became Surveyor of the [Birtish] Navy.
Publisher: 12th July, 1853.: 1853.
Seller ID: 29965
- sc - 25 words penned on 7-1/8 inch high by 4-1/2 inch wide light blue paper with an attached leaf. There is an attractive embossed mark at top left of the sheet. Admiral Walker has penned a few brief words addressed to Richard Ford and his wife, accepting a dinner invitation. Penned by the Admiral, the note is signed in the first line: "Sir Baldwin Walker will do himself the honor of dining with...." Folded for mailing, the note is tipped from the verso of the... View more info
By: Weber, Eugen.
Publisher: Cambridge, MA and London, U.K.: Harvard University Press, 1986.: 1986.
Seller ID: 36642
- Octavo, light tan cloth backed with brick red cloth in a dust wrapper. The top & bottom edges of the dust jacket's rear flap are darkened. x,  leaf & 294 pages plus colophon. 20 black-and-white illustrations. Near fine. First edition. Dust jacket present. First Edition. View more info
By: Wedin, Bertil.
Publisher: (Stockholm): Bonniers, (1971).: (1971).
Seller ID: 35386
- Octavo, blue cloth in a dust wrapper. The extremities of the dust jacket are darkened & lightly rubbed & there is a short tear to the top edge of its rear panel. 205 pages. Black-and-white illustrations. Very good. First edition.The text is in Swedish. Dust jacket present. First Edition. View more info
Publisher: New York: George Braziller, (1965).: (1965).
Seller ID: 14287
New York: George Braziller, (1965).. (1965).. Fine. - Octavo, cloth-backed light blue boards. The spine is slightly sunned. 351 pages. Black-and-white illustrations. Near fine. First edition.The century's history and culture explored through the writings of authors, philosophers, scientists and politicians of the time. First Edition. View more info
Publisher: New York and London: Harper & Brothers, 1900.: 1900.
Seller ID: 18211
New York and London: Harper & Brothers, 1900.. 1900.. Very good. - Octavo, red cloth. The top edge is gilt. The spine is slightly sunned. xv, [ii], 441 &  pages plus 2-page publisher's catalog. Illustrated with 12 black-and-white plates, 7 of them portrait plates with tissue guards, including a frontispiece. The rear hinge is starting. There is an owner's name, address & 1904 date on the front endpaper. There is occasional light foxing, including to the tissue guards ... View more info