Showing 281-287 of 287
Publisher: Cadiz [Spain]: En la Imprenta de Don Antonio Murguia, Plazuela de Correo, (1793).: (1793).
Seller ID: 17494
Condition: Very good
- Small quarto [7 inches high by 5-3/8 inches wide], printed self-wraps, removed by a previous owner from a larger collection of pamphlets. 11 pages plus 1 blank with a decorative rule above the first page of text. The edges of the title & the rear blank are slightly darkened & there is some light staining to the title. The bottom corners of the last 3 leaves are creased. Very good. An impassioned denunciation of the French for their execution of Louis XVI. The French... View more info
Publisher: Paris: September 29, 1812.: 1812.
Seller ID: 35517
- Approximately 110 words penned on 9-1/2 inch high by 7-1/2 inch wide creamy white Napoleonic watermarked paper. Addressed to "Monsieur L'Administrateur", the author acknowledges receipt of the administrator's letter appointing Mr. Bobone to the position of overseer of declarations at Port Maurice "vous m'avez fait l'honneur de m'ecrire le 26 de ce mois, l'annonce de la nomination qui vient d'etre faire, sur votre proposition, de M. Bobone a la place de Rece... View more info
By: [Mayde, Richard]
Publisher: New York: Dodd, Mead & Company, .: .
Seller ID: 19065
New York: Dodd, Mead & Company, .. .. Good. - Octavo, pictorial red cloth titled and elaborately illustrated in gilt and black on the front cover and the spine. The covers are soiled and faded, with a few light stains. 120 pages, with 48 illustraions, including a frontispiece and 16 full-page plates. Four of the plates were roughly opened and thus the edges of those plates and facing pages are chipped . The pages are darkened with some soiling and occasional ... View more info
Publisher: London: Printed by John Nichols, at Cicero's Head, Red Lion Passage, Fleet-Street: And sold by Eliz. Newbery, the Corner of: 1792.
Seller ID: 32122
Condition: Very good
London: Printed by John Nichols, at Cicero's Head, Red Lion Passage, Fleet-Street: And sold by Eliz. Newbery, the Corner of St. Paul's Church Yard, Ludgate-Street, 1792., 1792.. Very good. - Octavo, two volumes bound in full contemporary brown calf with gilt ruled raised bands on the spines. A calligraphic title label mounted on the spine of the first volume is darkened and cracked. The leather is rubbed and scuffed and there is evidence of worming to the covers of the... View more info
Publisher: London: printed for R. Burleigh, 1718.: 1718.
Seller ID: 36824
- Octavo, unbound, removed from a larger collection of pamphlets. 34 pages. There is some light creasing to the pamphlet & the outer pages are darkened & chipped with an area of light staining to the last page. Good. Third edition. A reply by "A Gentleman" [George Sewell] to Matthew Tindal's consideration of the defection of Robert Walpole, Earl of Oxford. View more info
Publisher: London: Sold by J. Roberts in Warwick Lane, 1739.: 1739.
Seller ID: 16835
- Octavo, softcover. Printed self-wraps, unbound, removed. 29 pages, including the half-title & title. With an engraved tail piece. The half-title is soiled. There is light staining & soiling to the rear blank with a small brown stain & 3 small pieces out. There is occasional light soiling to other pages, the corners are lightly bumped & there is a piece out of the front edge of page 21, without loss of text. Good. With the contemporary signature "J. Bird / 2 Coll / ... View more info
Publisher: Philadelphia: Lea & Blanchard, 1843.: 1843.
Seller ID: 36070
- Octavo, brown cloth with a printed title label on the spine. The covers are rubbed, bumped and stained. The head of the faded spine is chipped and the title label is stained an chipped. The cloth is partially split with evidence of early worming along the joints. 190 pages followed by a blank leaf and 12 pages of the publisher's ads. The hinges are cracked and the endpapers and pastedowns are heavily foxed. There is occasional scattered foxing and some of the pages are... View more info