showing 281-294 of 294
Publisher: New York and London: Harper & Brothers, 1900.: 1900.
Seller ID: 18211
New York and London: Harper & Brothers, 1900.. 1900.. Very good. - Octavo, red cloth. The top edge is gilt. The spine is slightly sunned. xv, [ii], 441 &  pages plus 2-page publisher's catalog. Illustrated with 12 black-and-white plates, 7 of them portrait plates with tissue guards, including a frontispiece. The rear hinge is starting. There is an owner's name, address & 1904 date on the front endpaper. There is occasional light foxing, including to the tissue guards ... View more info
Publisher: Witten, Germany: 2nd Feb. 1959.: 1959.
Seller ID: 25349
- sc Small oblong octavo. 94 words typed on a sheet of notepaper approximately 6 inches high by 8-1/4 inches wide with his name & address stamped in blue ink in the top left corner. Signed "With best wishes yours truly / Westpfahl". Folded once for mailing. Near fine. "In your last letter you mentioned an English scientist working about a book on English recluses, hermits etc. You told me your intention to contribute to this work.... I am working upon text... View more info
Publisher: University Park, PA and London: The Pennsylvania State University Press, (1979).: (1979).
Seller ID: 4884
University Park, PA and London: The Pennsylvania State University Press, (1979).. (1979).. Very good. - Octavo, cloth, in a dust wrapper. The dust jacket is rubbed. [xiii] & 314 pages. Black-and-white illustrations. Very good in a good dust wrapper. From the library of cartographer Vincent Kotschar. Tipped in on the front endpaper is the business card of the publisher's Editorial Director John M. Pickering, on which Pickering has written "With thanks from author &... View more info
Publisher: London: (Printed by Harrison and Son), 1851.: 1851.
Seller ID: 26088
London: (Printed by Harrison and Son), 1851.. 1851.. Fair. - Octavo, softcover bound in printed blue wrappers. The binding is bumped, soiled & chipped with a number of small creases. The lower half of the spine is perished & the lower third of the rear wrap is detached. Title & 64 pages. There is a contemporary owner's ink name on the title page. The top page corners are bumped and there is some very light damp staining to the front edges of a few pages. There is occasi... View more info
By: Yanaga, Chitoshi
Publisher: New York: McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc., 1949.: 1949.
Seller ID: 11298
New York: McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc., 1949.. 1949.. Good. - Octavo, gray cloth. The binding is lightly rubbed & bumped with a dent to the bottom edge of the front cover. The rear cover is lightly dampstained with a small brown stain & some creasing to the cloth along the top edge. x & 723 pages. There is dampstaining to the rear pastedown & endpaper & rear blanks & rippling to the last 100 pages of the book. Good. First edition.From the library of geographer Vi... View more info
By: Young, Jordan M
Publisher: New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press, (1967).: (1967).
Seller ID: 3906
New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press, (1967).. (1967).. Fine. - Octavo, green cloth titled in dark blue, in dw (price-clipped; rear panel slightly creased & soiled with small tear to bottom of fold). xi, [ii], 156 &  pages. Fine in very good dw. Dust jacket present. View more info
Publisher: Buffalo, NY: Edition Otto Karklin, (1932).: (1932).
Seller ID: 11336
Buffalo, NY: Edition Otto Karklin, (1932).. (1932).. Good. - Small octavo [6-5/8 inches high by 5 inches wide], softcover bound in printed red wraps. The spine is slightly faded. There is a small, light stain to the rear wrap & some small black stains to the spine & the adjacent edges of the wraps. 153 plus 4 blank pages headed "Memorandum" & colophon. The top edge is lightly foxed & there is some light creasing[probably a defect in the printing] to a few leaves... View more info
Publisher: Cadiz [Spain]: En la Imprenta de Don Antonio Murguia, Plazuela de Correo, (1793).: (1793).
Seller ID: 17494
- Small quarto [7 inches high by 5-3/8 inches wide], printed self-wraps, removed by a previous owner from a larger collection of pamphlets. 11 pages plus 1 blank with a decorative rule above the first page of text. The edges of the title & the rear blank are slightly darkened & there is some light staining to the title. The bottom corners of the last 3 leaves are creased. Very good. An impassioned denunciation of the French for their execution of Louis XVI. The French... View more info
Publisher: Paris: September 29, 1812.: 1812.
Seller ID: 35517
- Approximately 110 words penned on 9-1/2 inch high by 7-1/2 inch wide creamy white Napoleonic watermarked paper. Addressed to "Monsieur L'Administrateur", the author acknowledges receipt of the administrator's letter appointing Mr. Bobone to the position of overseer of declarations at Port Maurice "vous m'avez fait l'honneur de m'ecrire le 26 de ce mois, l'annonce de la nomination qui vient d'etre faire, sur votre proposition, de M. Bobone a la place de Rece... View more info
By: [Mayde, Richard]
Publisher: New York: Dodd, Mead & Company, .: .
Seller ID: 19065
New York: Dodd, Mead & Company, .. .. Good. - Octavo, pictorial red cloth titled and elaborately illustrated in gilt and black on the front cover and the spine. The covers are soiled and faded, with a few light stains. 120 pages, with 48 illustraions, including a frontispiece and 16 full-page plates. Four of the plates were roughly opened and thus the edges of those plates and facing pages are chipped . The pages are darkened with some soiling and occasional ... View more info
Publisher: London: Printed by John Nichols, at Cicero's Head, Red Lion Passage, Fleet-Street: And sold by Eliz. Newbery, the Corner of: 1792.
Seller ID: 32122
London: Printed by John Nichols, at Cicero's Head, Red Lion Passage, Fleet-Street: And sold by Eliz. Newbery, the Corner of St. Paul's Church Yard, Ludgate-Street, 1792., 1792.. Very good. - Octavo, two volumes bound in full contemporary brown calf with gilt ruled raised bands on the spines. A calligraphic title label mounted on the spine of the first volume is darkened and cracked. The leather is rubbed and scuffed and there is evidence of worming to the covers of the... View more info
Publisher: London: printed for R. Burleigh, 1718.: 1718.
Seller ID: 36824
- Octavo, unbound, removed from a larger collection of pamphlets. 34 pages. There is some light creasing to the pamphlet & the outer pages are darkened & chipped with an area of light staining to the last page. Good. Third edition. A reply by "A Gentleman" [George Sewell] to Matthew Tindal's consideration of the defection of Robert Walpole, Earl of Oxford. View more info
Publisher: London: Sold by J. Roberts in Warwick Lane, 1739.: 1739.
Seller ID: 16835
- Octavo, softcover. Printed self-wraps, unbound, removed. 29 pages, including the half-title & title. With an engraved tail piece. The half-title is soiled. There is light staining & soiling to the rear blank with a small brown stain & 3 small pieces out. There is occasional light soiling to other pages, the corners are lightly bumped & there is a piece out of the front edge of page 21, without loss of text. Good. With the contemporary signature "J. Bird / 2 Coll / ... View more info
Publisher: Philadelphia: Lea & Blanchard, 1843.: 1843.
Seller ID: 36070
- Octavo, brown cloth with a printed title label on the spine. The covers are rubbed, bumped and stained. The head of the faded spine is chipped and the title label is stained an chipped. The cloth is partially split with evidence of early worming along the joints. 190 pages followed by a blank leaf and 12 pages of the publisher's ads. The hinges are cracked and the endpapers and pastedowns are heavily foxed. There is occasional scattered foxing and some of the pages are... View more info