Showing 21-40 of 291
By: (H. R. Moulton)
Publisher: Richmond, Surrey, U.K.: H. R. Moulton, 1930.: 1930.
Seller ID: 28376
Richmond, Surrey, U.K.: H. R. Moulton, 1930.. 1930.. Good. - Quarto, 12-1/4 inches high by 10 inches wide. Hardcover with the original wraps bound in buckram titled in gilt. The binding is rubbed, soiled & stained. 341 pages. Scattered foxing. A suite of 12 pages of illustrations, with its own wrappers, is bound in at the front. A good, tight copy. An ALS by Herbert Moulton to the recipient of the catalogue, a Dr. Gordon Ward, is tipped in. Also tipped in are three prospectuses for the catalogue.Described in the catalogue are approximately 10,000 ancient deeds, from the 12th to the early... View more info
Publisher: (New York: S.R.T. Publications, Inc.), 1942.: 1942.
Seller ID: 36886
- Quarto [11-3/4 inches high by 8-3/4 inches wide], softcover bound in pictorial black, white & red wrappers with a cover portrait of Lieutenant Liudmila Pavlichenko. The covers are lightly rubbed with their bottom corners lightly creased. There is a scratch to the front cover with some minor soiling to the rear cover. 34 pages. Black-and-white illustrations. The bottom page corners are lightly creased. Good. Among the contents of this issue are an address to the American people by Lieutenant Liudmila Pavlichenko, who is pictured on the cover; and the articles "The Battle for Stalingrad... View more info
Publisher: [Paris: Imprimerie du Journal, rue du Foin-Saint-Jacques, 1793.: 1793.
Seller ID: 31381
- Octavo, 8-1/4 inches high by 5 inches wide. 60 issues bound together into contemporary full vellum with holographic title labels on the spine. Faded ink annotations on the covers would suggest that the vellum covers themselves were recycled at the time from even earlier documents. The covers are stained, the labels are chipped and the bottom portion of the spine is heavily chipped. 480 pages in all, each issue consisting of 8 pages with a banner title at the head of the first page of each issue and the publisher's credits printed at the bottom of the last page of each issue. The bottom front... View more info
Publisher: London: George Allen & Unwin Ltd, (1931).: (1931).
Seller ID: 28704
London: George Allen & Unwin Ltd, (1931).. (1931).. Good. - Octavo, cloth in a dust wrapper. The corners of the covers are rubbed with slight fraying. The head of the spine is creased & lightly chipped. The dust wrapper is rubbed & chipped with tears & pieces out. The jacket spine is darkened & torn with a piece out of its head. 320 pages. Black- and-white illustrations & a black-and-white portrait frontispiece. There is light soiling & a light stain to the top edge and the fore-edge is lightly foxed & soiled. The front endpaper is foxed & there is a small area of soiling to the half-title. Go... View more info
Publisher: New York: Educational Department,, The League of Nations Association, Inc., November, 1930.: 1930.
Seller ID: 24010
New York: Educational Department,, The League of Nations Association, Inc., November, 1930.. 1930.. Good. - Octavo, softcover bound in printed green wraps. The front wrap is lightly bumped & spotted with some soiling & an ink notation in the top inner corner. 31 &  pages, The top corners of the first 4 leaves are creased. Good. This pamphlet originally appeared under the title "A Manual for Teachers and was intended for teachers of the social sciences in New York City. This is its fifth revised edition. View more info
Publisher: (New York: S.R.T. Publications, Inc.), 1944.: 1944.
Seller ID: 36897
- Quarto [approximately 11-1/4 inches high by 8-1/4 inches wide], softcover bound in pictorial dark blue & white wrappers. The wraps are rubbed with their bottom 2 inches detached. The top corner of the rear wrap is lightly creased & there is a piece out of its bottom inner corner. 34 pages. Black-and-white illustrations. 1 signature [pages 17-20] is nearly detached. Good. Among the contents of this issue are "Together with Our Soviet Ally" by Howard Fast; "Soviet Children Paint the War" by Holger Cahill, recently National director of he WPA; and "Assignment in Myopia, Ful... View more info
Publisher: London: Maggs Bros. 1934.: 1934.
Seller ID: 22743
London: Maggs Bros. 1934.. 1934.. Good. - Octavo, softcover bound in printed light tan wraps. The spine & extremities are darkened & the spine is rubbed with pieces out of the head & tail. The wraps are soiled & lightly bumped with some small stains. There is pencil scribbling to the rear wrap & there is a tiny chip out of its front edge. Title & 116 pages. The page corners are lightly bumped. There is staining to the front margins of a few pages & light foxing to the fore-edge & to the last page. Illustrated with a facsimile frontispiece & several full-page facsimiles. Good. 259 items are... View more info
Publisher: New York: The Viking Press, (1971).: (1971).
Seller ID: 8371
Condition: Very good
New York: The Viking Press, (1971).. (1971).. Very good. - Small quarto [10-1/2 inches high by 8-1/4 inches wide], cloth, in a dust wrapper. The extremities are very slightly faded. There are creases to the surface of the front panel of the dust jacket & the rear panel is darkened. 249 &  pages plus colophon. There is a bookplate with the owner's name blacked out in ink on the front pastedown. Profusely illustrated in color & black & white. Very good. Dust jacket present. View more info
Publisher: [Paris]: De l'Imprimerie de Cretot, rue de Bons-Enfans, No.12, .: .
Seller ID: 36743
- Octavo, 7-1/2 inches high by 5-1/4 inches wide. Self-wraps consisting of unbound signatures, though 2 centered stab marks along the left edge might imply that this booklet was once bound in with others. 48 deckle-edged pages, on poor quality paper, probably hastily printed as published at the time. The pages are toned and slightly soiled with light dampstaining along the left edge. The edges are creased and lightly chipped with occasional short tears, not affecting the text. There is a piece out from the top left corner of the cover page and pieces out from the bottom front corners of the la... View more info
Publisher: London: Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1823.: 1823.
Seller ID: 30808
London: Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1823.. 1823.. Good. - Octavo, brown boards backed with brown cloth with printed paper labels on the spines. The bindings are bumped & rubbed with small stains to the boards. The heads & tails of the spines are creased & the head of the Vol. 2 spine is chipped & torn. The labels are darkened & chipped with pieces out of the Vol. 1 label, affecting the titling. xii & 375 pages; and v & 399 pages plus colophon. Illustrated with 2 frontispieces [a portrait & a facsimile]. The Vol. 1 front hinge is cracked with the rear hinge startin... View more info
Publisher: York, PA: The Maple Press Company, 1951.: 1951.
Seller ID: 13157
York, PA: The Maple Press Company, 1951.. 1951.. Fine. - Large octavo [approximately 12 inches high by 7-5/8 inches wide], blue paper covered boards backed with white cloth with the United Nations logo in white on the front board and a gilt-lettered paper label on the spine. The book was issued with a slipcase, which is lacking. The boards are lightly bumped & rubbed & there is some light foxing to the spine. Half- title, title, [vi] & 142 pages plus colophon, printed in black & blue with decorations in blue by George Trenholm. The contents are near fine. No. 776 of an edition of 2,000 copi... View more info
Publisher: Zimapan, Hidalgo, Mexico, August 7, 1935.: 1935.
Seller ID: 35352
Condition: Very good
- sc - Six pages consisting of over 1,000 words penned on both sides of 3 sheets of 10-1/2 inch high by 8-1/8 inch wide buff-colored paper. In a lengthy letter James H. Armstrong, the author of this account, responds after reading a book which Mrs. McDougall has sent him. The book, Rosa E. King's "Tempest Over Mexico" which had just been published that year, has stirred up Armstrong's memories and feelings. He doesn't view the "rebels" (The Liberation Army of the South, known as the Zapatistas) with as much fondness "She rather idealizes Zapata, though strangely she makes ... View more info
Publisher: New York: Dodd, Mead and Company, 1907.: 1907.
Seller ID: 7811
Condition: Very good
New York: Dodd, Mead and Company, 1907.. 1907.. Very good. - Octavo, brick red cloth titled in gilt & black with decorations in green, black & gilt on the front cover & spine. The spine & extremities are sunned & the covers are lightly bumped. viii & 355 pages. Illustrated with 37 black-and-white plates, including a portrait frontispiece. There is scattered light foxing & offsetting to the title from the frontispiece. Very good. First American edition. First Edition. View more info
Publisher: New York: Hurd and Houghton / Cambridge, MA: Riverside Press, 1870.: 1870.
Seller ID: 3246
New York: Hurd and Houghton / Cambridge, MA: Riverside Press, 1870.. 1870.. Good. - Octavo, rust brown cloth titled in gilt on the spine with decorative frames stamped in blind on both covers. The covers are bumped & lightly rubbed & soiled with dampstaining to the top corners. The spine is faded with a small area of dampstaining & the head & tail are chipped. xv & 350 pages plus errata page. There is staining to the endpapers with a small label on the front pastedown. There is light soiling to the prelims & the page edges are slightly darkened. Good. First American edition.The book was ... View more info
Publisher: London: Printed for the Council of The National Union, 1868.: 1868.
Seller ID: 4039
London: Printed for the Council of The National Union, 1868.. 1868.. Good. - (Publications of the National Union No. 4). Octavo, printed self wraps unbound; removed. The wraps are darkened with some foxing & with stains to the rear wrap. 19 pages. The page edges are slightly darkened & there is scattered foxing & staining. Good. View more info
Publisher: London: Thames and Hudson, (1975).: (1975).
Seller ID: 14176
Condition: Very good
London: Thames and Hudson, (1975).. (1975).. Very good. - Small quarto, green cloth titled in gilt, in a price-clipped dust wrapper. The dust jacket is lightly soiled with the spine & extremities darkened. 112 pages with profuse black & white illustrations. The page edges are slightly darkened. Very good. Dust jacket present. View more info
Publisher: (Avignon): Academie du Var/Aubanel, (1988).: (1988).
Seller ID: 25625
(Avignon): Academie du Var/Aubanel, (1988).. (1988).. Good. - Octavo, softcover bound in pictorial white wraps. The wraps are lightly rubbed with some very light foxing & some tiny gray marks. The top edge of the rear wrap is darkened. 334 pages plus colophon. Illustrated in black & white. Very good. Number 82 of a limited edition of 1,000 numbered copies.This book developed out of the Academie of Var's 1980 celebration of the four hundredth anniversary of the birth of the Provence region's most famous son, the celebrated antiquarian, humanist and scholar Nicolas-Claude Fabri de Peiresc... View more info
Publisher: New York: Free World, Inc., 1944.: 1944.
Seller ID: 24935
New York: Free World, Inc., 1944.. 1944.. Good. - Small quarto [10-5/8 inches high by 7-5/8 inches wide], softcover bound in pictorial white wrappers with a cover illustration in pink & black by Luis Quintanilla. The binding is bumped & soiled with a few light creases. The spine is rubbed with the head & tail lightly chipped. Pages -  plus ads. Black-and-white illustrations after drawings by Stan Fraydas & others and maps by Marthe Rajchman. There are small stains to the fore-edge & the pages are darkened. There are tiny chips to a few top page corners. Good. Among the contents of... View more info
Publisher: (Moscow): U.S.S.R. Society for Cultural Relations with Foreign Countries, (1943).: (1943).
Seller ID: 17704
(Moscow): U.S.S.R. Society for Cultural Relations with Foreign Countries, (1943).. (1943).. Good. - Small quarto [approximately 10 inches high by 7-3/4 inches wide], softcover bound in printed cream wrappers with a vignette in black on the front wrap. The wraps are soiled & darkened around the edges. The head & tail of the spine are torn. 62 &  pages. Black-and-white illustrations, including 2 pages reproducing World War II drawings by Nikolai Zhukov. There is a light vertical crease to each wrap & each leaf where the bulletin has been folded. Good. From the Stefansson Collection of the ... View more info
Publisher: (New York: S.R.T. Publications, Inc.), 1942.: 1942.
Seller ID: 36831
- Quarto [11-3/4 inches high by 8-3/4 inches wide], soft cover bound in pictorial black-and-white wrappers printed in red. The binding is lightly rubbed & the bottom inch of each wrap is detached. There is a tear to the front edge of the rear wrap. 32 pages. Black-and-white illustrations. Good. This issue is dedicated to Russian war relief with an ad for contributions with text by Katharine Hepburn on the rear cover. Among the contents of the issue are the articles "The British People Give" by J. B. Priestley, "The Eleventh Month of War" by Captain Sergei N. Kournakoff and "... View more info