showing 101-120 of 292
Publisher: Cairo, Egypt, July 9, 1857.: 1857.
Seller ID: 35983
- Four pages, each 8-1/4 inches high by 6-1/2 inches wide. Well over 1,060 words densely penned in a neat hand, with wide left margins, on 4 sides of a folded sheet of creamy white paper. Signed "St. d'Escayrac de Lauture". There is some minor darkening along the edges. The letter is folded several times, both horizontally and vertically, for mailing. There are two minuscule holes from a straight pin along the lower portion of the left margin. Very good.A very... View more info
Publisher: (London): Longmans, Green and Co., 1923.: 1923.
Seller ID: 10490
(London): Longmans, Green and Co., 1923.. 1923.. Very good. - Small quarto [7 inches high by 5-7/8 inches wide], softcover bound in printed greenish gray wraps with vignettes in black on the front wrap. The front edge of the front wrap is lightly chipped. The corners & front edges of the wraps have been reinforced with pieces of white tape internally. 94 &  pages plus 1-page publisher's catalog. Illustrated with a black-and- white frontispiece & black-and-white facsim... View more info
Publisher: Cape Town: Tafelberg-Uitgewers Ltd., 1972-1977.: 1972-1977.
Seller ID: 35314
- Octavo, maroon cloth titled in gilt on the spines, in dust wrappers. The Vol. 1 rear cover is lightly rubbed. There is a small, light stain to the Vol. 2 front cover. The dust jackets are rubbed with the top & bottom edges lightly chipped with a few short tears. xx, [iv], 894 &  pages; [xvii], 870 &  pages; and [xx], 861 &  pages; printed in 2 columns. The edges of Vol. 2 are lightly soiled. Very good. Second printing of Vol. 1, first printings of Vols. 2 ... View more info
Publisher: New York, NY: Editions de la Maison Francaise, Inc., (1941).: (1941).
Seller ID: 5605
- Octavo, softcovers bound in printed creamy white wraps titled in red & black. The covers are slightly stained along the top edge and the spine. 367 pages. Very good. Collection "Voix de France".A French journalist's biographical and historical reflections on French political and military policies preceding the war which set it up for defeat by Nazi military forces.Limited edition of 200 numbered copies. Though not called for, this copy is signed by Rob... View more info
Publisher: Paris: Chez Pigoreau, 1815.: 1815.
Seller ID: 35736
- Small octavo, 6-5/8 inches high by 3-7/8 inches wide. Disbound, lacking the covers and spine. [ii] & 196 pages. The first page, being the half-title, is creased, stained and chipped with scattered foxing. The edges of the title page are also creased and chipped with a small piece out from the front edge of that leaf. There is a small chip to the front and a small piece out from the top inner corner of the last page of the index which here is the last page of this book.... View more info
Publisher: New York: D. Appleton and Company, 1887.: 1887.
Seller ID: 18091
New York: D. Appleton and Company, 1887.. 1887.. Good. - Octavo, brown cloth. The binding is lightly rubbed & bumped. ix & 420 pages plus 2-page publisher's catalog. The fore-edge, bottom edge & prelims are lightly foxed with occasional foxing to the text pages. There is an owner's pencil signature on the title page. Good. First American edition.While downplaying his own claims to fame, literary or otherwise, Doyle remarks that he has lived through important period... View more info
By: Dreyfus, Alfred
Publisher: (1934).: (1934).
Seller ID: 26000
(1934).. (1934).. Very good. - sc A 6-5/8 inch high by 8-1/2 inch wide black & white previously unpublished news photograph of Colonel Alfred Dreyfus being led to public disgrace prior to his internment at Devil's Island. The photograph was distributed in anticipation of the notice of his death in 1935 at the age of 75. The portrait shows Dreyfus in his French military uniform following an officer between rows of soldiers standing with their backs to him. The photograph ... View more info
Publisher: Paris: Imprimerie de Journaux Officiels, 1923.: 1923.
Seller ID: 17021
Paris: Imprimerie de Journaux Officiels, 1923.. 1923.. Good. - Octavo, softcover bound in printed light grayish green wrappers. The wraps are bumped & darkened around the edges. There are paper-clip marks to the top & front edges of the front wrap & to the top edge of the rear wrap. 19 pages, printed in 2 columns. The page edges are darkened & there is a light paper-clip mark to the front edge of each page with slight staining to the mark on the first page. The page corn... View more info
Publisher: Cambridge, U.K.: November 9, 1954.: 1954.
Seller ID: 35776
- Typed letter filling 1-1/4 sides of his gray 7-1/8 inch high by 5-3/8 inch wide letterhead with his address printed at the top. Signed "D. M. Dunlop". There is some light staining to the edges of the letter with an additional small, light stain to the blank section of the verso. Folded once for mailing. Good. Dunlop writes to his correspondent about a photostat of an Islamic manuscript offered for sale in Dawson's catalogue. "...I am inclined to think th... View more info
Publisher: NY: The Macmillan Company, 1937.: 1937.
Seller ID: 6053
NY: The Macmillan Company, 1937.. 1937.. Good. - Octavo, red cloth. Rubbed & bumped. 1,222 pp. Ex-library with the usual markings. Good. View more info
By: Edel, Leon
Publisher: [Middletown, CT]: Center for Advanced Studies, Wesleyan University, (1966).: (1966).
Seller ID: 16363
[Middletown, CT]: Center for Advanced Studies, Wesleyan University, (1966).. (1966).. Fine. - Octavo, softcover bound in printed gray wraps. 21 pages. Near fine. One of a series of papers read during the Center's sessions on Monday evenings to Fellows of the Center and members of the Faculty. Leon Edel was a Fellow of the Center in the fall semester of 1965 and read this paper on October 11 of that year. View more info
Publisher: Dubuque, IA: Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company, (1970).: (1970).
Seller ID: 15484
Dubuque, IA: Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company, (1970).. (1970).. Very good. - Small quarto [approximately 11 inches high by 8-3/8 inches wide], softcover bound in printed red wraps. The wraps are rubbed & bumped with the head of the spine & the adjacent edge of the rear panel lightly chipped. xviii & 453 pages. Illustrated with black-and-white maps. Some bottom page corners are bumped & 2 are creased. Very good. A series of lectures intended to enable college students ... View more info
Publisher: (International News Photos), (1950).: (1950).
Seller ID: 25579
(International News Photos), (1950).. (1950).. Very good. - sc A 9 inch high by 7 inch wide black & white news photograph from the "International News Photos" with their credit line stamped under their pictorial eagle logo on the verso. A small piece of tape is mounted to an edge of the verso. Else, very good. View more info
By: Erskine, Thomas
Publisher: London: Printed for J. Debrett, 1797.: 1797.
Seller ID: 3985
London: Printed for J. Debrett, 1797.. 1797.. Very good. - Octavo, disbound, removed with only a portion of the leather spine present. 138 pages. The leaves have been additionally numbered in ink at top right by a previous owner. The half-title is lightly darkened and the title page lightly stained. The is a small piece out from the bottom corner of one leaf. The contents are in othewise very good condition. View more info
Publisher: Guatemala: Tipografia Nacional, .: .
Seller ID: 35731
- Octavo, softcover bound in printed brown wrappers. The binding is rubbed. The edges of the wraps and the head & tail of the spine are lightly chipped. 38 pages. The pages are darkened and are somewhat fragile & some of their corners are lightly creased. There is a small piece out of the bottom edge of page 32 with tiny chips to the bottom edges of several other pages. A fair working copy. Government documents concerning Guatemala's 1916 election, including President... View more info
Publisher: London: George Bell and Sons, 1889-1891.: 1889-1891.
Seller ID: 21317
London: George Bell and Sons, 1889-1891.. 1889-1891.. Good. - Octavo, three quarter tan calf & marbled boards with gilt-lettered leather labels between raised bands & decorations in gilt on the spines. The top edges are gilt & the endpapers are marbled. The bindings are lightly rubbed with some darkening to the leather at the extremities. Some kind of veneer has been applied to the spines & there are pieces out of the leather & out of the labels, affecting the titling. T... View more info
Publisher: (Udine, [Italy]): Gaspari, (1999).: (1999).
Seller ID: 34024
(Udine, [Italy]): Gaspari, (1999).. (1999).. Good. - Octavo, softcover bound in pictorial wrappers. The binding is lightly rubbed. There is a sticker on the rear wrap & the film surface is chipped along its front edge. 95 &  pages. Illustrated in black & white and color. The contents are near fine. Good. Catalog for an exhibition being held through the summer of 1999 at the "grande sala espositiva del Municipio di Lavarone". The text, which is printed in It... View more info
By: Fage, J. D
Publisher: London: Edward Arnold (Publishers) Ltd, (1961).: (1961).
Seller ID: 4913
London: Edward Arnold (Publishers) Ltd, (1961).. (1961).. Good. - Quarto, cloth, in a dust wrapper. The binding is bumped & lightly soiled. The dust jacket is stained, soiled, darkened & chipped. The top edge of the front panel & the head of the dust jacket spine are torn & creased. 64 pages. Profusely illustrated with black-and-white maps.There is scattered light foxing & staining. Good in a fair dust wrapper. Second printing.The history of Africa told through a s... View more info
Publisher: (Prato, Italy): CariPrato, (2000).: (2000).
Seller ID: 24588
(Prato, Italy): CariPrato, (2000).. (2000).. Very good. - Quarto [12 inches high by 9-3/4 inches wide], black cloth titled in gilt on the front cover & spine in a dust wrapper. The dust jacket is rubbed. 365 &  pages plus colophon. Profusely illustrated in color and black & white. Near fine in a very good dust wrapper. The text is in Italian. Dust jacket present. View more info
Publisher: Mostagenem, May 19th, 1841.: 1841.
Seller ID: 36570
- Approximately 275 words penned in French on both sides of a 4-/14 inch high by 7-1/4 inch wide fragment of paper torn from a larger sheet. In his letter, penned from Mostagenem, Algeria during France's conquest of Algeria Ferdinand Philippe, Duke of Orleans describes the arid ruins of the town, colorfully commenting on storks nesting on the hill above and makes mention of the pompous speech offered by an officer to his troops. The manuscript is entirely penned in his h... View more info